Monday, December 16, 2013

Art Journal Every Day

Hi everyone!
Welcome to my first tutorial and prompt for Art Journal Every Day. This is so exciting!
My tutorial is about hand sewing on your art journal page.
Yes I know that it is kind of scary, we work so hard on our pages and then I suggest you go stick a needle on it... well you are going to love it.
Sewing adds texture and dimension to a page. I absolutely love touching my work and finding that something special that grabs my attention.
The prompt is Hope... such a small word and so much meaning.
Here is my page:
 Some details:



Image: Fringe 1 from Smeared Ink
Products used: Acrylic paints - Golden, Golden Gel Medium, Prisma Coloring Pencils, Gesso, India Inks, Yarn, Sewing Needle with big eye, Signo pigment ink white pen, Permapaque Black Marker and Pen-Touch Gold pen.
You can find the video tutorial HERE, only available through the Smeared and Smudged forum.
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Thanks!
Love,
Julia

6 comments:

loz said...

Gorgeous artwork and colors..I saw this on MIM..Loz

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

VERY cool page; OMG, I just love everything about it! I came from MIM :)

Unknown said...

You are very artistic Julia and your tutorial is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. Saw it on MIM and had to pop over for a closer look.

Billie A said...

Saw you on MIM. I love the colors and that you used pencils is a great surprise. I love the use of pencils and you did such an awesome job blending and bringing it to life. Wonderful work. so glad I got to see you from MIM.

~Lady B~ said...

I adore your background and love the colorful image you've added as well as the hand stitching! Your background techniques rock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...